• Nearly half of all pregnancies among American women are unintended, and four in 10 of these end in abortion.
• About half of American women will have an unintended pregnancy,  and nearly one-third will have an abortion, by age 45.
• The overall U.S. unintended pregnancy rate remained stagnant between 1994 and 2006, but unintended pregnancy increased 50% among poor women, while decreasing 29% among higher-income women.
• Overall, the abortion rate decreased 8% between 2000 and 2008, but abortion increased 18% among poor women, while decreasing 28% among higher-income women.
• Some 1.21 million abortions were performed in 2008, down from 1.31 million abortions in 2000.
• Nine in 10 abortions occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
• A broad cross section of U.S. women have abortions:
- 58% are in their 20s;
- 61% have one or more children;
- 56% are unmarried and not cohabiting;
- 69% are economically disadvantaged; and
- 73% report a religious affiliation.
My heart is broken. Ever since Monday, i can not get this vision of a woman protesting at the state capitol with a piece of duct tape over her mouth that says “WOMENS RIGHTS” out of my mind.
Seeing these women shouting and chanting all so they can have the right to KILL innocent babies because they are unwanted. The images are startling.
What has our world come to. Why have women, who are supposed to be the nurturers of our society, turned into murderers?
America is going to get a RUDE wake up call one day. There is SO much blood on our hands. We want action with no consequence. We want what makes us feel good but the second something negative comes out of that experience, it must be eliminated.
I know that there are women who are violently raped. And that is a whole other topic for another day.
I am talking about women who want to just sleep with whoever they want to and do whatever they want and as soon as an “unintended” baby is conceived just “get rid of it.” Really? Are you that selfish?
Have we come so far in the women’s rights movement to be this naive and stupid?
This may sound like it is coming from a place of judgement, but it isnt. It is coming from a place of brokenness. WAKE UP. What are we teaching the generations of women who are watching us? What are we teaching them? They can do whatever they want and just get rid of the consequences? Maybe they can get rid of the baby, but you know what they can’t get rid of? The emtional trauma of murdering their unborn child. They will carry that for the rest of their lives.
I am praying for our country. I am SO broken. i cant even begin to tell you. I am literally in tears as i share my heart with you.
I am praying for the men and women of our world and country. I am praying that we will run toward God and what is GOOD and RIGHT.
I believe that human-kind is better than this.
Please if you believe in prayer, be on your knees before God lifting up the people leading our country, our cities, and our world.
I believe in the right of all people, even the ones that are unborn.
“Before you were born, I formed you in your mothers womb.”
Thankful that all the millions of babies whose mothers didn’t want them or “couldn’t afford them” , are with Jesus. Remembering that Heaven is my home and this life is but a vapor.
And i would apologize if this offended you, but honestly, i am NOT sorry. I am not sorry for standing up for whats right.