I received an article in my email this morning that i found to be very fascinating. I Just had to share some of the tidbits with you.
Since we are young, we are drilled with this idea that we need to drink milk. It helps to build strong bones…etc..We need our calcium.
While that is true, calcium is VERY important, check out this list of calcium sources:
Here’s a list of surefire calcium-rich options (along with a few surprises) — aim for three servings daily.
- Low- or nonfat milk, cheese, or yogurt
- Nonfat dry milk (mix into soups, baked goods, or smoothies)
- Orange juice with added calcium
- Soy milk and tofu
- Kale, mustard, or turnip greens
- Dried figs
- Cooked dried beans
- Almonds, filberts, or peanuts
- Corn tortillas (check labels and choose a brand with the most calcium)
- Sesame seeds
Only the 1st 2 involve dairy products. Shocking. I know.
The list is filled with tons of other options that are non-dairy related!
Good to know for a wanna-be vegan in a meat-eaters world!
The most important thing that anyone will tell you, is that only you, know you. If you are good with it, and your doctor is okay with it, dont worry about what anyone else says!
Enjoy your day!